Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Exciting New Year

Well, I think I did it, I created a new story with a more imaginative spin. My new character Keisha is a day dreamer, and while exploring teacups in her mother's cupboard she believes the teacups have come alive to tell her stories of how they came to belong to her Mom.

Ms. Bei, is of course Chinese, Chai Bei, is the Mandarin word for teacup, and Ms. Ocha, well she is Japanese, as O Cha is the honorable word for Tea, she tell Keisha of an Omi Ai tea ceremony.

Illustration by Allison Healey

Last, but not least, is Ms. Furtuna... an African teacup from Eritrea who tells her how Shaihi is made (tea with spices and honey). Keisha also gets a history lesson from Furtuna.

The artwork for this story is also a dream come true for me... Allison Healy has created a fabulous Keisha... and I can't wait to see the entire book.
Originally, I told the story with Mom telling Keisha about the cups one, by one... but it was getting long, and boring to be honest.

Then I remembered how my kids loved "Beauty and the Beast" when the candlesticks, and teapot came alive, so why not Keisha's after all five-year-olds are day dreamers, and teatime, is make-believe-time for little girls... and big girls too!
> Learn more at Wiggles Press

1 comment:

  1. What a cute story. Please keep writing these kinds of stories. My community needs them

    ReplyDelete